The Cosmopolitan Affirming Church (CAC) is an inclusive faith community in Kenya that openly welcomes LGBTIQ people of faith majority Christians; to explore and experience their faith in an affirming environment.
We seek to create and sustain inclusive faith communities that collaborate on a range of faith and justice issues connected to LGBTIQ dignity and inclusion.
In both our Nairobi and Kisumu chapters, we provide a safe space for weekly psycho-spiritual and psychosocial wellness activities utilizing religious tools and traditions.
What we do
- We provide a safe space for spiritual healing and communion for LGBTIQ people of faith
- We engage grass-roots faith leaders and faith communities through joint worship experiences and theological training
- We organize community workshops to steer conversations on LGBTIQ equality and inclusion
- We train and engage the media on responsible and constructive reporting on LGBTIQ issues
- We coordinate a movement of grass-root faith and community leaders called the United Coalition of Affirming Africans (UCAA) whose members actively promote the human rights of LGBTI people across different social and media platforms