About Our Community
The Cosmopolitan Affirming Church (CAC) is an inclusive faith community in Kenya that openly welcomes LGBTIQ people of faith majority Christians; to explore and experience their faith in an affirming environment.
We seek to create and sustain inclusive faith communities that collaborate on a range of faith and justice issues connected to LGBTIQ dignity and inclusion.
In both our Nairobi and Kisumu chapters, we provide a safe space for weekly psycho-spiritual and psychosocial wellness activities utilizing religious tools and traditions, and invite you to join us.
What We Do
- We provide a safe space for spiritual healing and communion for LGBTIQ people of faith
- We engage grass-roots faith leaders and faith communities through joint worship experiences and theological training
- We organize community workshops to steer conversations on LGBTIQ equality and inclusion
- We train and engage the media on responsible and constructive reporting on LGBTIQ issues
- We coordinate a movement of grass-root faith and community leaders called the United Coalition of Affirming Africans (UCAA) whose members actively promote the human rights of LGBTI people across different social and media platforms
You must be logged in to post a comment.